[3830] CQWW CW DJ1AA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, DJ1AA@darc.de
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW DJ1AA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 03:13:17 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DJ1AA
Operator(s): DJ1AA
Station: DJ1AA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: JO41XU (D-37547)
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:   77     7       38
   80:  112    10       42
   40:  100    11       49
   20:   66     9       25
   15:   43     9       15
   10:   12     5       10
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Hello contester,

this year I worked with 100W only, because before the contest I
got RF burn problems with my necessary KW tuner. In this case it was
not possible to match the antennas under high power conditions.
The roller inductor is faulty and I have to repair or exchange it.
The tuner got problems during the "fights" on the WARC bands for
working the 5A7A DXPedition in the week before. The voltage was to
high and the tuner got fire inside, that is the story behind the
contest preparation phase.

So I decided to work only barfoot with 100W and my ICOM IC756PRO3.
Keyer was a old ETM-8C and CT-WIN for contest IN/OUT logging.
Antennea were FBDX660 (6 element multiband yagi, 19m up) and 160m / 80m
Kelemen dipol, 66m long, inverted Vee, 18m up.

All possible antennas worked fine with 100W and the inside ICOM tuner.
Only low power, but very fast automatical tuning. I like my PRO-III !

An automatical tuner for high power would be fine for the future, but
my 1KW PA do not support automatical tuning and it is necessary to tune
it by myself. Perhaps in the "very late future" I will look for an ACOM
2000A, but the price is very high, to much for me in this time.
On the second hand, I made some hundreds Q`s during the CQWW contest with
our clubstation DK0AE and so I loose a lot of time to reach a better place
in my class under my call DJ1AA. Anyway, I had a lot of fun and be sure,
hear you in the next year.

For the final here are my work continent statistics.

                              Continent Statistics
   DJ1AA   CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST    Single Operator

                     160   80   40   20   15   10  ALL   percent

     CW
North America   CW    2    5    4   33   32    0   76    18.5
South America   CW    0    0    0    0    6    0    6     1.5
Europe          CW   73   98   79   29    4    7  290    70.7
Asia            CW    0    5    9    2    0    0   16     3.9
Africa          CW    2    4    8    2    1    5   22     5.4
Oceania         CW    0    0    0    0    0    0    0     0.0

VY 73 de Mirko

DJ1AA / AB0DL / 5Z4HU
Germany / USA / KENYA