[3830] TBDC K9NW(@K9UWA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9nw@qth.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K9NW(@K9UWA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 15:29:48 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 492  Total Score = 1,584

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

DX condx not so great while condx to the west coast were decent.  Almost every
EU QSO required multiple transmissions.  Very rapid QSB....would copy a call
clearly, then took minutes to copy the grid square.  27 total DX QSOs,
including 3 KH6s and the zone 8 and 9 guys.  Nice to put TF and OX in the log
though, two new ones for my admittedly anemic Topband DXCC total!

Took a sleep break at 0900 after going 20 minutes without a QSO.  While hoping
for an extension of the nice westerly propagation when I returned, instead I
was greeted with a wall of QRN from an approaching storm system.....so much for
any more DX.  I think I may have had a ZL call me but couldn't pull anything
through the noise.

Thanks for the QSOs, and thanks once again to John and Jean for letting drop by
and use the toys.

Happy New Year!

73, Mike K9NW