[3830] NAQP CW N2NL(@W6NL) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2nl@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N2NL(@W6NL) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:27:33 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: W6NL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:57
Radios: SO2R

  160:  101    35
   80:  190    44
   40:  396    54
   20:  295    52
   15:  268    38
   10:    5     1
-------------------
Total: 1255   224  Total Score = 281,120

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 1

Comments:

That was lots of fun, as usual, even from the very bottom of the sunspot cycle.
It's always great to hear and work everyone on the bands.  The NAQP CW is one of
my favorite contests, and I'm really thankful to Dave and Barb for hosting me
and allowing me to enjoy the January NAQP West Coast Propagation Advantage(tm).
 It was also great seeing N6KT who was visiting for most of the contest period.
   Lots of weak signals on all bands, except for 40 which was a bottomless pit
for me.  I had trouble getting any rate whatsoever on 80 and 160 all night, but
40 always responded with a quick run whenever I went back.  My off-time strategy
followed propagation.  There were times in the late afternoon when only one band
was really open, making the decision easy when to take off.  I counted about 330
2nd radio QSOs.
   If you worked a weak W6NL and K6BL, that was Dave and Barb out on their
front porch with a TS-930 plugged into a dummy load, with an inline tee and two
clip leads laid across a chair as an antenna.  They both worked several dozen
stations, including N9CK (great ears!).
   It looks like a statistical tie between KL9A and I, with N2IC and N6MJ close
behind in the west.  Congrats to all, including Scott, Yuri, and Mike back east.
 Thanks to everyone for the moves!

73, Dave N2NL6