[3830] NAQP CW VE3CRU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE3CRU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:35:22 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Whitby Ontario
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

  160:  25     19
   80:  10      9
   40:  20      8
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  55     36  Total Score = 1,980

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team:

Comments:

Weary from a long stressful day, I could not resist jumping into the contest.
Started at 2310z and had both fun and surprises.  My score was much less than
last year, but then again so was my time.  Great to give out the points and to

have another opportunity to work on my cw skills, just reaching 4 years
licensed a month ago.

Started on 40, and got 20 qso's on 40 then 3 on 80 before taking a break.
Returned for another 7 on 80, then moved to 160 and my very marginal antenna.
Much to my surprise the qso's were plentiful here, with good copy on most too.
Got 25 qso's before fatigue made me stop at 0400z.

Antennas are an inverted vee on 40 with apex of 25 feet, a dipole on 80 up 30
feet, and a damaged 160 sloper with a 60 foot wire now at less than 40 feet
from severe winds in the ARRL 160 bending the pipe over 45 degrees, with only 3
radials and a base coil.

Rig is a 756 ProII and bug is an old and cranky Johnson Speedx that was
originally used by Hans VE3CRU SK from the 60's to the 90's.  I used this bug
with Hans in the 60's too as swl.

Congratulations to all who did well in this contest, and all who participated
and I hope to be in it for maximum time next contest.  Thanks to the organizers
too.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU