[3830] ARRLDX CW W1OHM SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ohm@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W1OHM SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:03:26 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1OHM
Operator(s): W1OHM
Station: W1OHM

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: New Hampshire
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  102    53
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  102    53  Total Score = 16,218

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Stretched a 20m dipole across my south-facing top floor condo balcony, and was
able to work most of the stations I could hear.  Building is 4 story steel
frame construction, with poured concrete floors and steel studs in the walls.
Antenna tuner was needed, and I had to play with the length of the feed line
(close to 1/4 wave).  Able to push out 80 to 100 watts.

Picked up an Isotron for future experiments.  If it works, I'd like to add some
of these "bird feeders" to my patio furniture for a permanent installation and
multi band operation.