[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dx35@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:23:26 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Apr 13

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   8      4
   40:  13      9
   20:  20      7
-------------------
Total:  41     20  Total Score = 820

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

STN: Two TS-480@100w A3@30ft 40m EDZ@40ft 80m InvVee@40ft

I had set a goal to do 51 Q's or better & stuck a Post-It on the computer
screen with the number & a Happy Face.  So much for that attempt.

9 Q's in the first 5 minutes seemed like I would make the goal, but then things
(maybe the operator?) went kinda belly-up.  Couldn't get into the infamous SO2R
Zone, so just plain scrambled.

Went to 80m too late & completely forgot about 160m until N6RO mentioned 160 on
the Post event Net.  Amazingly, I worked RO on 20m...good ears up there at Radio
Oakley.

I QLF'd and called out of turn a couple of times...apologies, guys.

73 & Tnx for the Q's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust