[3830] NCCC Sprint K0XP LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0xp@dandy.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K0XP LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:25:37 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jun 29

Call: K0XP
Operator(s): K0XP
Station: K0XP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   0      0
   80:   3      2
   40:  11      7
   20:  21      9
-------------------
Total:  35     18  Total Score = 630

Club:

Comments:

'Twas a dark and horrible night; NOBODY seemed able to hear me on the low bands,
even though I could hear and copy everybody else  ;o(((((((  Even W1UE had
trouble copying my call at first. I finally stopped running 20 despite a
reasonable rate (for me) when all the multipliers I hadn't been able to get yet
had disappeared and had obviously dropped down to 40.

Then there were very few replies to my calls on either 40 or 80  ;o(((((  We
had a light line of t-storms come through around 6-7 pm but within an hour,
they'd passed out of my skip zone so that crashes even on 80 were virtually
non-existant (i.e.: the band was QUIET for me); thus, I could hear everybody on
80 and 40  ;o((((((  N4OGW seemed unable to even tell I was calling on 80; kept
CQing while I kept callin'; must been some big storm crashes down south  ;o(

ALMOST lost a QSO when I went back to N6ZFO on 20 instead of one of our
higher-scoring people, and the big-scorer shifted off-frequency only a few
hundred hertz before CQing  ;o  ;o  ;o  Fortunately, he wasn't in the same skip
zone as ZFO so eventually, ZFO came outta the noise and the Big-Scorer dropped
in  ;o))))  This same trickster called me at about half-speed during the last
minute of the SNS, possibly costing me another Q  ;o  ;o  ;o

Nice to work VA7ST on both 40/20 again along with W7WHY and some 6's, including
N6ZFO whom I've rarely worked before even though he's a regular. And welcome to
K6TD, who obviously was having trouble with the super-speedsters and needed
some TLC on our sending speed (sorry I messed up my exchange in our first QSO
before getting my speed down for you  ;o)

SNS: can I start adding my SNS scores to my NS score??  8-))))))  For some
reason, I always seem to make more Qs than just about anybody else in the SNS
and just about as many mults as in the NS; inexplicable  ;o|

Band  Qs  Ms
40     5   5
20    11   7
Total 16 * 12 = 192