[3830] CQ WW RTTY WB9Z SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jerry@daca.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY WB9Z SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:11:17 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: WB9Z
Operator(s): WB9Z
Station: WB9Z

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 40

   80:  283   431       49      40    18
   40:  335   606       46      58    22
   20:  749  1791       45      83    26
   15:  137   236       36      27    16
   10:   20    46        2       7     6
Total: 1524  3110      178     215    88  Total Score = 1,495,910

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

SO1R operation again... one of these days I have to find the time to
build things up for SO2R on RTTY, I can do it on SSB and CW.  All of
my free time this summer was used repairing and improving the antenna
system here.

As others mentioned... I thought conditions were pretty lousy... at least
for the first 2/3rds of the contests... with conditions improving
I thought on Sunday afternoon.  It was nice to pick up many stateside
and DX multipliers on 15 meters then.  Thanks to ZP5CGL for his suggested
QSY to 10 meters and the double multipliers.

I was really concerned with the fluttery signals on 40 and 80 the first
night. But, after checking the WWV numbers it confirmed there was some
type of solar disturbance happening.

Early on, I was really starting to wonder if my new 4 element full sized
40 was working right as many CQ's went un-answered.  That was to change
as I spent the last 50 minutes of the contest on 40 with a endless
pile-up of EU and Asians worked including UK9, HZ, 4X, 5B & several UA9's.
I wish the contest would have lasted a few more hours... hi.

I'm looking forward now to CQWW SSB and CW.

WB9Z