[3830] WAE RTTY W7MRC(NG7Z) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY W7MRC(NG7Z) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:52:38 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W7MRC
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

   80:    7    7     0    16
   40:   78   78     0    75
   20:  176  176   100    72
   15:   13   13     9    18
   10:    0    0     0     0
------------------------------
Total:  279  274   109   181  Total Score = 69,323

Club: Malty Radio Club

Comments:

First time in this contest. N1MM and MMTTY worked perfectly and the QTC action
was really fun. I didn't realize how much they can improve scores until Sunday
morning. The EU opening on Saturday morning was weak and trying to get thru the
East coast wall was futile, at least with my modest setup. Sunday was much
better with much louder signals over the pole. Most of the log is filled with
domestic stations and I commend the contest sponsors for allowing this
departure from the CW and SSB rules. One other thing, the off times stated in
the rules are nothing short of confounding. 12 hours min off time in not more
that 3 parts? If that's the case, I may as well submit my log as a check log. I
was in and out depending on what else I had going on during the weekend.
Nevertheless, antenna improvements over the summer have really paid off. The
new tribander and shorty 40 made me feel loud, at least louder than when using
tree supported wires.
73 all Paul NG7Z