[3830] SS SSB N6HC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6HC@AOL.COM
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N6HC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:03:01 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: N6HC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   46
   40:  515
   20:  578
   15:   78
   10:    0
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another fun contest with minimal visits from Mr. Murphy.  Unfortunately, at this
point in the sunspot cycle, and with my antenna configuration, this is
essentially a two band contest. I was able to muster a robust 21.5 hours in the
operator's chair on this go-round. I was lucky enough to get a sweep again, but
only one station in NL and NT was worked.  The remainder of the multipliers
were very well represented.  The last multiplier worked was QC.  Interestingly,
I mentioned to a VE3 that I still needed VE2 and asked him (tongue in cheek) if
he might "cross the border" for me to satisfy my multiplier need.  Apparently,
he posted my need on his local packet cluster and later in the contest a VE2
showed up asking if I still needed the VE2 section; I had already worked a VE2
by that point but I did log him as my second QC contact. If I hadn't made a
previous VE2 QSO would I need to change my classification from (B) to (U)?
(Question asked with tongue firmly implanted in cheek).
My good friend AA6PW was not on the air for this one because of antenna/tower
problems, K7JA was not participating seriously, and mercifully, Dan (N6MJ)
joined the W6YI multi group in San Diego.  This left the ORG section open for
me to contend for the highest score in the ORG section. Thanks guys!!
 I appreciated every one of the Qs and I hope to hear you all again next year.
Best regards,  Arnie  N6HC