[3830] CQWW CW N4PN(@W8JI) SOSB(A)/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4PN(@W8JI) SOSB(A)/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:34:30 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: W8JI

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: Barnesville, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:
   80:
   40: 1517    39      153
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1517    39      153  Total Score = 779,328

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks again Tom for letting me operate from your QTH. As always, everything
worked to perfection. Thanks to you and Marsha for the hospitality.

First hour an even 100 Q's with usual W's calling plus A71EM. Would be nice
if US stations counted for something as there's no easy way to tell them on
CW they amount to zero points.

Several goodies called in the second hour - 5H3EE, 7Z1HL, A45XR, 4L8A, 3X5A,
D2DX, D4C (Brought back a lot of memories - D4B) and VP8NO.

The heavy-duty stuff started in the 10th hour with 9V1YC, AH2R, TF4M, JT1CO,
XW1B, DS5SWL, RK9AWN, FK8IF, DX1DBT, BA4RF, VR2MY, 9M6XRO, T88FY, YC1KAF,
HS0AC, XU7WMA, B7P, T88RJ, KG6DX, & T88WV. All but a couple worked LP (S-SW)

Saturday afternoon nice to have JW5E call for new one. RZ0CQ worked early
Saturday evening in zone 19 for 38th zone. Still needed zones 22 & 34.
Didn't give much hope to work all 40 zones needing those two.

Sunday morning worked 4U1ITU for a new one at 1121 UTC...middle of the day
in Europe. Also worked B4B, HL2AEJ, BA4DX, B3C, S21ZDX (zone 22)!!!, CE0Y/
OE2SNL, XW1A (XW1B the first morning), Fred, K3ZO at HS0ZAR. After S21ZDX
left only zone 34 but it never showed up. Was hoping Tom, SU9NC would call
but didn't happen..maybe one year will work all 40 zones on 40 meters.

Sunday afternoon new ones that called in...TA1DX, 9G5ZS (once wasn't enough
he called back about an hour later - worked him again). Really strange when
CT6A called at 1939 on Sunday afternoon for a new one - 1st Portugal and
country number 151 !!

Nice to see friends out at different spots..Andy at V47NT, Mike, K9Nit-Wit
at H7, real ole friend, Jim, N6TJ back at 9Y4AA, Fred, K3ZO at HS0ZAR. Know
I've left some others out but it's Sunday evening and I'm about shot.

Thanks to all who called. This was really great. Soon be my 55th year of
hamming and know I'm slowing down a bit but it's still a lot of fun...

73, Paul, N4PN @ W8JI