[3830] CQWW CW KH6YR(K1YR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lbcohen@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KH6YR(K1YR) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:41:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KH6YR
Operator(s): K1YR
Station: KH6ZM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Volcano, HI
Operating Time (hrs): 43

  160:  187    14       14
   80:  605    23       30
   40: 1110    29       49
   20: 1040    29       48
   15: 1235    26       48
   10:   10     5        5
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

In brief for now,

The good: Low band antenna changes played pretty well. Got called by some nice
mults, and didn't sleep as much as I did during ssb test. I liked using the
Orion on cw even though I felt I that I didn't know how to exploit its
capabilities, especially when sleep deprived.

The bad: After spending a lot of time hunting mults and checking on ten in ssb,
I probably went to the opposite extreme. I could not find the eu opening, if
there was one. When I could hear them on 40 long path, they were working each
other. Bottom line, I just didn't work enough mults.

The ugly: Scientific breakthrough - rf increases computer AI, i.e., the damn
thing developed a mind of its own with the beam in a certain direction.
Characters woould be added to the callsign field, messages changed or repeated
randomly, etc. Apologies to those of you who recieved some bizarre exchanges or
confirmation messages.

All in all, its still fun. Many thanks to all who took the time to call me,
even with a M/M, a M/2 and a big SB15 all on the air from KH6. 73,

Lou  K1YR