[3830] CQWW CW CU2A(OH2UA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh2ua@oh2u.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CU2A(OH2UA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:02:46 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CU2A
Operator(s): OH2UA
Station: CU2A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:  306    15       62
   80: 1047    24       92
   40: 1865    31      109
   20: 1160    31      109
   15: 1727    27      107
   10:   62    13       30
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

What a contest it was! A great battle of European SOAB stations this year.
Congratulations to DL6FBL (@SV9CVY), YT6A (@4O3A) and many others for very nice
scores under difficult conditions. It seems that propagation was not that
favorable to Azores this year, both on SSB- and CW â??leg. 10 meters remained
closed and I couldnâ??t get advantage of long NA runs on 15 or 20 either.

I knew that I had to pay attention to work all those European multipliers on as
many bands as possible because there was no way to get to Asia this time. So I
did concentrate on â??easy onesâ?? instead of chasing 9M2sâ??, BYsâ?? and many
other hard-to-work multipliers and asked a lot of QSYsâ?? even from quite
common stations that I saw I was missing on some other band. That cost me some
Qsâ??, but I was counting that I have to do it to stay in the game because
rates were so low most of the time.

I guess that mainly because of bad conditions, other Europeans were playing
together and for me it was quite hard to be in the game from the one end of
Europe. Especially on low bands, were I was calling many European stations
without even having a question mark back. Something about top band propagation
tells that I worked only one PY (PY2WC) on 160m and got P40W as a double
multiplier there just 15 minutes before the end of the contest (just to mention
that both were QSYsâ?? from 80 meters).

This time it was the worst conditions Iâ??ve ever had from Azores. 20 meters
closed about 3 hours earlier than last year and overall I had 11 hours of QSO
â??rate less than 100 Qsâ??. 2nd night I had huge difficulties to stay on chair
when rates dropped to 60Qâ??s/hour or so. It was a loooong night.

Fortunately at the end Iâ??m more than happy to claim just a little bigger
score than my worst competitors under difficult conditions. But guys are
getting so close that maybe we have to upgrade our setup for next season...

As always, big thanks to my great host family, CU2CE & CU2YL and to entire CU2A
team!

Let you fingers talk!

73 de Toni, OH2UA

www.cu2a.com