[3830] TBDC W5MX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bydal@roadrunner.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W5MX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:19:47 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 632  Total Score = 3,020

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Would have had a much higher score except the static crashes and noise killed me
during prime EU time here between 05:00 and 08:00(actually it continued on the
rest of the night). Had many EU calling me but could hardly get info because
the crashes were in rapid succession. Sorry about that to all you EU (and some
stateside op's too)! Lost a lot of points there. I actually considered going
QRT rather than put everyone else and myself through the pain. Friday night
while playing in RAC, had a nice run of EU on 160. Band quiet and conditions
reasonable. Wasn't meant to be Saturday night I guess. Still had a great time
though, always do in a contest.
This will be my first log entry for this contest. Played in it a couple of
years ago but never sent in a log, only made around 30 q's. Will be back next
year for sure! Had a great time anyways.
For CQWW 160 I will be adding a Reflector to the full wave vertical loop
(ENE/WSW)for 160, and possibly a director (to EU). See how that works out.
73's all and thanks for the Q's!
Bryan