[3830] ARRLDX SSB K7RL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K7RL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:46:41 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:   14    13
   80:   92    32
   40:  177    42
   20:  629    83
   15:  173    38
   10:   29     5
-------------------
Total: 1114   213  Total Score = 711,846

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Whoa, that was really tough.  Worst conditions Iâ??ve ever experienced.  My raw
score is less than half of last yearâ??s score, and only slightly more than
half of my CW score just two weeks ago.  A rotator problem Saturday morning
burned 1.5 hours, which didnâ??t help matters.  On a positive note, I did get
more sleep than in previous years!

With so much time for S&P, I periodically ran out of new stations to work and
had to take short breaks to let the bands repopulate.  That was especially true
on the low bands, which were very poor the entire weekend.  Even the usually
reliable 20m band was a roller coaster ride with runs starting and stopping,
and signals rising and falling from hour-to-hour.

An unexpected surprise was running JA on 15m both days.  Until today, it had
been so long that I almost forgot what it was like to run anything on 15m.
Nice to hear some life on 10m too.

Thank you to all of the great operators that made it into the log.  Especially
you folks working LP or QRP!  And a special thanks to those that make the trek
to exotic locations to work us stateside and Canadian ops.

Congratulations to KH7X, KH6LC, and HC8A for all six bands!  Not an easy thing
to do this weekend.

73 de Mitch, K7RL