[3830] ARRLDX SSB KH7B(K4XS) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KH7B(K4XS) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:47:31 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KH7B
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7B

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: KH6
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 3300    59
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 3300    59  Total Score = 584,100

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Wow, this contest is fun when you are on the DX side!

I set out to break the old Oceania record of 420K for 20 meters hoping to make
2500 QSOs.  What a surprise!  First hour was 330 and by the end of the first
three hours the total was 782.

My first contest with my three high stack of KT36XAs.  A tip of the hat to N6BV
who helped with the terrain analysis..it works, K6MYA who makes a great antenna,
and WX0B who makes the stack match box which really works great with the triband
stack.

Some thoughts:

Over 200 dupes logged, and many more turned away toward the end of the contest.
 Does anyone keep a dupe sheet anymore?

Why do the weak guys not give their 2 X 3 call in phonetics?

Why did a 2 X 1 extra say "10-4" when I asked him if he copied my exchange?

Mahalo to all for the QSOs and see you in WPXSSB!

Bill K4XS