[3830] Commonwealth VE7UF Restricted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE7UF Restricted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 19:50:03 -0700
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: Restricted HP
QTH: IOTA NA36
Operating Time (hrs): 7

------------
   80:    6
   40:   32
   20:  108
   15:    3
   10:
------------
Total:  149  Total Score = 2,185

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

My first BERU in a few years.  The version of N1MM I used, which in not more
than 6 months old, counted the different countries worked as multipliers and
did not add the 20 pointers.  I didn't get started until 1700Z Saturday
morning.  20M was open to EU & I managed to get 80 or so UK callers in the
first 2 hours.  The activity on 20M died by 2000Z with only 108 Qs in the log.
I checked 15M a few times and managed only 3 Qs.  I spent the rest of the time
non 20M time on 40M with the exception of six 80M Qs.  I worked only 1-ve5,
1-ve6, and 2-ve3 Canadian stations on 40M, the rest were 3-UKs on long path
over ZL land, 7-VKs including 2-VK7s, 10-ZLs, 2-ZSs, 1-VQ5, and 1-J8.  I had
69-20 pointers total.   Conditions were not good.  Biggest disappointments were
the extremely low activity, the total absence of a 40M UK short path opening,
the TX5C activity in the low end of the bands & having to rescore the N1MM
results.  I'm hoping for a much better next year for all contests.  My thanks
to the FEW that called.

Duane VE7UF