[3830] WiQP KB9OWD SO Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ryantiff@charter.net
Subject: [3830] WiQP KB9OWD SO Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 20:17:28 -0700
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: DODGE
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:  123    191
   40:   33     68
   20:   12     14
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
--------------------
Total:  168    273  Mults = 100  Total Score = 91,350.0

Club:

Comments:

Thanks again first off to Duane W9BCV and his wife Penny for the use of the
station for the 7 hours this one went on.  They are always willing to open
their doors to me and I greatly appreciate it!

Not going to complain about the bands.  To put it simply, they sucked from here
again, but we are too used to that at this point.  I would have liked a single
op, low power, zombie category this year.  I worked and got to sleep at 5:30
A.M. and some unexpected company had me up before 9:30 A.M. on less than 4
hours sleep and that's what I went on.  When you plan a long haul you can go on
that, but when planning on oping on a full night sleep, it hurts!

This one actually could have been alot worse.  Last year I opened with a 100
plus hour on 40.  40 was where I started again and I jumped ship there within
15 minutes.  It was absolutely pathetic from my location until late in the day.
 I worked 5 Q's in the first 10 minutes and that is not going to produce score!

20 was about as useless from here but did manage a few QSO's there.  How bad
was it?  At 0000Z or around there I figured I had better go track down a CA
station on 20 before I forgot as I did not yet have one in the log for the
mult!!!  One swing of the beam and CQ on 20 phone put a few in the log for me.

40 improved enough to let me put a few q's in the log there late in the
afternoon.  I had S9 + noise there for most of the day and everyone was down in
the noise for the most part.  Noise reduced later in the afternoon for some
reason and was able to work some.

80 was actually the quietest band here and a true savior.  There was always a
few stations waiting to call in when I headed there.  I expeceted better things
out of CW as i do every year and that I just do not understand.  I spend a good
deal of time on CW in this one as CW Q's are 2 points.  I get my usual string
of 5 or 6 right away and then nothing.  Just would not produce q's like the
phone portion like I would have liked to see.

All in all, a good afternoon of fun and the time went quickly.  Good to run
into several good contest friends and regulars N4PN, K0JPL and many others.
Never heard N9RV in MT but see he was out.  Missed MT all together.  See you
all in WPX SSB.  Still up in the air, may be from around home as a single op or
possibly from W0AIH as a multi ?  Still up in the air!

Thanks for all the Q's!

73,

Ryan KB9OWD