[3830] WPX SSB WE3C M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, we3c@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB WE3C M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 06:33:00 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WE3C
Operator(s): K3CT, KQ3V, N3FTI, NM3E, NN3Q, W2GD, W3FV, W3PA, WB3FIZ, WE3C
Station: WE3C

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   51
   80:  745
   40: 1336
   20: 1893
   15:  154
   10:   10
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

We enjoy this contest a lot as it is super fun!  Although, this year presented
us with several challenges.

We knew from ARRL SSB not to expect too much in the way of propagation, and we
weren't surprised, there wasn't much.

80M the first night was very disappointing, as absorption levels kept us from
working good rates and the many multipliers that were available.  The second
night static levels were high and signals weak.

40M was impacted by the low MUF and almost completely died both nights.  We
appreciated all the VK/ZL callers both mornings.

20M opened later than ARRL and we experienced the same difficulties of working
the many callers with the crowded band and periodic line noise.  The late
afternoon EU band closings and Asia openings were good and a lot of fun.

15M never opened to EU and it mostly acted like 10M.  Only a few EU stations
were heard and worked.

10M was all short openings south, no EU or Africa heard or worked.

The other challenge was that most of our team had schedule conflicts this
weekend, so no one, except WE3C, was on-site for the whole 48 hours. We had
concerns about keeping the seats occupied, but fortunately with the number of
operators participating, we were able to keep the run seats filled for most of
the weekend.

Q's By Points:
Six    663
Four   171
Three 1386
Two    130
One   1839
Total 4189

We were very pleased to have W2GD and W3PA join us for the first time.

Congratulations to our team for the outstanding results with the many
challenges.

Thank you to all the callers and the great competition.