[3830] WPX SSB LR2F M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lu9esd@speedy.com.ar
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB LR2F M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:18:06 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: LR2F
Operator(s): LU9ESD LU8EOT LU2FA LU5FF LU1FZR
Station: LR2F

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Rosario, Santa Fe
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    1
   80:   32
   40:  407
   20:  866
   15: 2046
   10:  385
------------

Club: LU-CG

Comments:

Manu LU9ESD, here. A special thanks to Bob LU2FA for including me on the team,
this is was my first WPX in a M/S. I have fun, really!...

160 meters was closed.
On 80 and 40 have much QRM and QRN, due to the storm in the zone, all the
weekend. Against which all we thought 20 and 10 meters were closed, opposite
thing to which happened in the previous days.
15 was the more stable one, opened at any moment and with very strong signals.

Luckily we have obtained a good number of multipliers, beyond of have some
problems: A power supply and two TS-850S have died.
We wasted long time because the line tension was very high. Sunday in the
morning was on 270 Volts, against 220 of the normal thing.

Anyway, we have amused, doing what as much we like.

See you in the next contest!.

Manu LU9ESD.

------------------

LR2F info:

Station 1:
Yaesu FT-920, Kenwood TL-922.

Station 2:
Kenwood TS-850S, Drake L4B.

Antennas:

160: Inverted V and two Beverages (300 mtr. long) looking NA and EU.
80: Vertical 1/4.
40: 2 Elements Yagui, on a 27 mtr tower with rotor.
20: 4 Elements Yagui, on a 15 mtr tower with rotor.
15: 5 Elements Yagui, on a 21 mtr tower with rotor.
10: 4/4 elements yagui, one at 10 and the other one at 15 mtr up, putting on
the same tower with the same rotor.

Nice setup, in means of the field, far from the noises.