[3830] WPX SSB LT1F M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB LT1F M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 14:00:31 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: LT1F
Operator(s): LU1AEE, LU1FAM, LU1FKR, LU4DX, LU5DX, LW4EU, LW9EOC
Station: LT1F

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Alvarez, Santa Fe
Operating Time (hrs): 46
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  105
   40:  768
   20: 1467
   15: 2379
   10:  824
------------

Club: LUCG

Comments:

Rigs:
10 mts FT920 (LW9EOC)
15 mts IC775 (LU1FKR)
20 mts FT1000MP w/Roofing Filters (LW4EU)
40 mts IC 775 w/Roofing Filters (LU4DX)
80 mts IC 765 (LU1FKR)

AMPS
10 Mts Alpha 78A (LW4EU) @ 800 W
15 Mts Alpha 374 (LW9EOC) @ 1200 W
20 Mts Acom 2000 A (LW4EU) @ 1.5 KW
40 Mts Ameritron AL-1200 (LU4DX) @ 1.5 KW
80 Mts Drake L4B (LU1FKR) @ 800 W

Antennas.
10 mts 6 + 6 not in stack.
15 mts 6/6 Either upper, lower, or stack.
20 mts 5 el + 4 el ´+ Log Periodic not in stack.
4  mts 3 El JVP
8  mts 2 el Delta Loop aimed at USA

RX ant 600 ft Bev. Straight North.

5 networked Note books (networked after 17 UTC on Saturday)

Back ups

1 NoteBook.
1 TL 922 linear Amp.

Ops: LU1AEE, LU1FAM, LU1FKR, LU4DX, LW4EU, LW9EOC.

Highs:

The team. All operators spent really long hours sitting even  with bands almost
dead, calling CQ. The friendship among
team members is somenthing that goes beyond what you can imagine. We are
FRIENDS.

Lows:

Luc, not being able to attend till 21 UTC on Saturday.
LU8ADX not able to attend at all. We really missed one op more on 20.
S9+20 Noise during five key hours Saturday morning prevented us from getting
the most out of the installations while 15
was openning to EU and 20 and 40 were crowded of low signal JAs. A further
research on the noise source made us conclude
that is was being originated in some kind of sodium gas LAMP somewhere near the
Shack. We were not able to locate the
source, but we'll work on it.
QRN was an issue as allways during somertime here.

Already draw a maintenance plan to renew coax lines and other stuff.

Thanks to everyone who gave us a call. Apologies to all those we could'n hear
throug the high QRM Sat and Sun mornings.

Thanks in advance to LW4EU who handed out some 50 silver-Teflon PL259
connectors for us to replace an repair feedlines
We'll start maintenance during mid April.