[3830] ManMin AA CW VA7ST SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ManMin AA CW VA7ST SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 19:42:09 -0700
                    Manchester Mineira All America CW Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

   80:   25      5
   40:   74     19
   20:  129     23
   15:   26     13
   10:
----------------------
Total:  254     60  Total Score = 43,020

Club:

Comments:

* N1MM Logger
* FT-2000 + SB221 (SO1R)
* 3 ele. tribander at 45'
* 40M half-square
* 80M phased elevated verticals

Last year's summary:
 Band  QSOs  Prefixes
----------------------
   80:    0      0
   40:   51     15
   20:   92     15
   15:   22     15
   10:    0      0
----------------------
Total:  165     45  Total Score = 20,835

Was glad for the MM contest this weekend. Gave me a chance for one more check
of the primary antennas before WPX CW next weekend. And it was something to do
when the heat outdoors chased me inside -- first long, hot weekend of the year
(Victoria Day on Monday).

Noticed more than usual number of non-contest stateside ops answering the MM
TEST call. Not sure what they thought they were answering, but if they didn't
have the right exchange, they went into the utility log, not the contest log.

15M was OK at times but never a break-out band here. 2 fewer mults than last
year, but Qs were actually up by 4. Think I heard some pinging on a signal
Sunday morning -- signal almost unreadable, then a dit or two was S9+. Maybe a
bad PL259 at the xmit end.

20M never played very well at all, though Qs and mults are up from 2007.

40M was pretty good. For a few seconds I had a pipeline into VE3 with four in a
row (all within 1.5 minutes or so at 0229z).

80M was much better than last year, seeing as I didn't get on 80M last year.
Was worth 5 mults and 68 points, so worth being there for a while anyway.

Hope the bands are a bit better than this for WPX CW next weekend. Had a great
time despite marginal conditions and will again five days from now.