[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:41:03 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 18

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   1      1
   80:   2      2
   40:   5      2
   20:  19     12
-------------------
Total:  27     17  Total Score = 459

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

It is always sad when we lose a fellow ham.  Many Contesters are extremely
competitive but also compassionate.  I'm sure W5CT's family will appreciate
tonight's tribute by the fine CTDXCC ops (and others), most of whom are NS
Regulars. I apologize for my QLF in not re-configuing my CW name message to
join in the CTDXCC tribute tonight, which was due to my self-indulgent failed
quest to still try and get up to Locust Peak before the checkered flag
dropped.

This was my absolute worst NS Ladder score this season and not a fun follow-up
experience to the NO DUPES TEST.

I can't believe I didn't connect with Ted/W4NZ again, and missed Da
Force/K5NA's special NS appearance.  Got beat out on KO7X twice (nice of you to
show up, Alan - I thought I was going to get WY in-the-bag when I first heard
you).  It was thrilling, however, to once again hear a big 20m signal from Da
Booga/N3BB.

It still amazes me why people are afraid to make use of all the FB space to be
found BELOW 14.040, because many jumpball pileups could be avoided if we all
S-P-R-E-A-D O-U-T.  I know myself and a few others sound like the proverbial
broken records about this, but gosh, everyone can make more Q's.

Congrats to Tom/W7WHY on his personal best tonight.  On the post-NS Net, I
suggested to Tom that he celebrate with pizza and beer, and invite DanWA/K7SS
and I to join him (only Tom, DanWA & I showed up on the Net tonight, which was
very, very strange).  Also strange was not hearing or working N6RO at least
once, and as the usual Net Headmaster, Mr. Radio Oakley was absent.

I was so bumbed out over my own pee-poor performance - QRX... (Lengthy
Delay...) - that was the pizza delivery guy honking in the driveway (decided to
celebrate W7WHY's new PB myself).  I'm now back after consuming a whole cheese &
mushroom pizza with the last bottle of Pacifico beer in the refrig while I
watched the rest of Last Comic Standing before coming back to finish this 3830
post.  {TRIPLE SIGH} ... I think I'm in love with 'Eliza' - what a cute FOX :-)

Tnx to that diversion, I'll can't remember what else I was going to self-rant
about my poor NS showing tonight.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & apologies for all the QLF's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust