[3830] ARRL UHF KC9BQA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF KC9BQA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 21:26:08 -0700
                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: KC9BQA
Operator(s): KC9BQA
Station: KC9BQA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN63ao
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  222:   68    31
  432:   78    34
  903:   25    19
  1.2:   37    21
  2.3:    7     6
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  215   111  Total Score = 99,234

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Wow, great prop, great weather and strong rover participation = big scores.

Almost had to sleep about 2:30-3am, but discovered that N9TTX/R was still out
and about in Western WI.  By 4:45am, we had worked his 3 bands in 3 different
grids, it was almost time for sunrise, and I felt more energized.  Also had
many good rover Q's with W9FZ/R in some tough SW WI and IA grids.  Thanks to
WB8BZK/R and K9JK/R for being easy to work in and around the Chicago area.

Had a number of good Q's on 2-4 bands with stations in the 200-400 mile range.
Highlight to west was KM0T EN13 on 4 bands.  To the NW was K0AWU EN37 with 2
bands.  To the east was VE3ZU in EN92 and KC8QAE in EN91.  But the best was
definitely to the south in the late overnight and morning hours on Sunday.  Not
only worked stations like W9SZ in EN50, or KA9VUY in EM58 and W9RVG in EM57, but
they were loud.  Also got into W4ZRZ in EM63 and N4QWZ in EM66 with very strong
signals after sunrise.  Man did the score rise swiftly with the combination of
new mults and Q's!

  Can't wait for September!
  73, Todd  KC9BQA  40 miles north of Milwaukee