[3830] WAE CW K1LT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K1LT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 21:05:36 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 14:35

   80:   22    15    13
   40:  127   148    30
   20:  122   107    33
   15:    3     0     3
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  274   270    79  Total Score = 115,988

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first WAE since high school, about 35 years ago.  By
comparison, sending QTCs with the aid of the computer is an
improvement.

I had to dig my 35 year old 4BTV out of the barn so I would have more
bands than 80 and 40.  The ground mounted vertical (over 32 30 foot
radials) actually worked better than I expected, although definitely
not as well as a beam.

If I ever get a job again, maybe I can put up a tower for next year.

Rig: IC765, ETO 91B Antennas: 80m: wire hanging on side of 160 meter
vertical; 40-10M: ground mounted 4BTV trap vertical

I used WriteLog since NA doesn't support WAE.  One should never have
to touch the mouse during a contest.

All my log entries are 3 minutes fast.  Is there a tool to correct the
time stamps in a WriteLog file?  Apparently, the WinXP NTP client only
syncs the clock once a week, which is insufficient for crappy PC
clocks.