[3830] TnQP N2WN/GRAI SO Fixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TnQP N2WN/GRAI SO Fixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 05:58:44 -0700
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: N2WN/GRAI
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN/GRAI

Class: SO Fixed QRP
QTH: Grainger
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:   18      5             17
   80:  106     29             63
   40:   77                    28
   20:   21                    15
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  222     34      0     123  Total Score = 90,282

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

First, I'd like to thank everyone for the QSOs and support, both pre and during
the contest. We had an outstanding turnout!

I put three counties on the air again this year. Much better results versus
last year! The first two hours I was on the road on 40 and 80 only, so not sure
how 20 was behaving, it left much to be desired by the time I got back to
Grainger Co.

80 and 40 were the place to be from the looks of things. The low bands were
quiet, although there seemed to be a few non-stop carriers in places. This was
my first time using SSB in this contest and it was well worth the effort on 75
and 160.

By far the best recent addition to my antenna farm was the 80M dipole I put up
for the OHQP. It worked gang-busters.

Before the start of the contest, I worked NY4N/m. Jeff had a great signal, but
didn't work him again until near the end. I did work W9WI/m in CLAI, just after
I had moved from CLAI to UNIO. Quite few folks got me in all three, which was
great.

Lot of "new" calls worked which was outstanding. Plenty of regulars and old
friends playing as well. Many thanks to all the folks from MN, Wi, TX, GA, Mo,
NJ and others who seemed to be out in force. I didn't seem to have much
propagation into Ca and NE seemed to be quiet, probably due to the storm moving
thru the area. Hopefully no damage for those folks.

Catch you in the next one!

Rig: Elecraft K3
Antennas: 160M Marconi, 80M dipole @ 15M, 40M inverted delta loop, 4el SteppIr.