[3830] SS CW N6TV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6tv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N6TV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 19:06:15 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6TV
Operator(s): N6TV
Station: N6TV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  185
   40:  434
   20:  506
   15:  152
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

On and off rain static Saturday night made things challenging.  Went to bed
needing VO1 and VE4.  Then after I almost gave up hope, two each answered my
CQs late Sunday, which was a big relief.

It nice to work the new guy, VY1EI!  I sure hope he returns every year.

It was also nice to use my new Elecraft K3s in SS for the first time; they held
up fine.  But I still find it difficult to use the SO2R features of Win-Test,
even though it also held up fine.  It seemed like every time I would start to
send my exchange to a station on the second radio, another station would choose
that exact moment to answer my CQ on the first radio.  Quite often they didn't
stick around long enough for me to get back to them.

Overall, I found this was a most frustrating Sweepstakes event.  Maybe we just
need more sunspots.

73,
Bob, N6TV