[3830] CQWW CW LX7I(@LX2A) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LX7I(@LX2A) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:36:05 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LX7I
Operator(s): DL1EKC, DL1QW, DL4SDW, HB9CVQ, LX2A, YO3JR, YO9GZU
Station: LX2A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  686    22       68
   80: 1821    29      106
   40: 2229    38      141
   20: 1885    37      129
   15:  475    29       98
   10:   36     6       24
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

This year we started with a completely new team, as some operators were not able
to join us.
I was very happy that Andy YO3JR and Tibi YO9GZU joined the team.
It was the first time we worked together with this combination of OPs, 7 OPs
from 4 different countries. This was realy a nice experience and I enjoyed it
very much.
Up to the end it was not 100% clear in which category we will start as the
station is desinged for M/S or SO2R and not for M/2. But we chose the M/2
category to have more fun.
We had an interesting competition with LX8M who started in the M/M category
with a very good portable setup.We also noticed that we were not so an rare
LX-multiplier as the years before. (LX8M claimed 7067QSOs and 7242000 Points)

We all had a lot of fun, and had only some minor problems, but we also saw that
there is a lot of space for improvements and I have already started in planning
to improve the setup.

congratulations to all the fine scores especially D4C(Wow) or DL1EFD from 6W
(one of the ops at LX7I)

thanks for all who called us,
more info will follow on www.lx2a.com

this was the last contest from LX7I for this year,
we participated in 15 contests and made over 41.000 QSOs this year,

more operations are planned for next year,

73s and GOOD DX from
Philippe LX2A / LX7I / LX9DX