[3830] NA Sprint CW W5JAW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5jaw@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W5JAW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 21:42:39 -0800 (PST)
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W5JAW
Operator(s): W5JAW
Station: W5JAW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:  106    1:52
   40:   98    1:36
   20:   38    0:32
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: CTDXCC Ditters

Comments:

Carolina Windom @ 30 ft for 20, 40m -- 100 watts
12 ft Tee Top Vertical for 80m -- 25 watts (RFI limited)

My VFO knob is still smoking from all the QSYing I found necessary after
getting beat in so many jump balls.  Man, that was frustrating!  I usually
avoid as much time on 80m as possible because of my very limited signal (see
reason above), but with 40m going long so early was forced there much too
quickly.  Making it even more painful was some sort of S9+ hash QRN showed up
right in the middle of the activity from 3830 to about 3842.  Never have heard
that before.  Maybe my next door neighbor is trying to put a further crimp in
my activities.  Sorry for the requests for fills from the guys I worked in that
part of the band.  A golden log is not likely this time :-(

Mults seemed way down this time.  The only one heard that I missed was VA7ST.
Lost out on a couple chances to work him.

Tnx for the fun,
Jim, w5jaw