[3830] NA Sprint CW K6VVA HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K6VVA HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 23:01:00 -0800 (PST)
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  103
   40:   92
   20:   49
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 2

Comments:

I slugged it out from the Home QTH RF Hole.  The most salient moment of the
reality here was when fellow NCCC'er K6SRZ came back to VP2E on 80m instead of
me!  Did work Ed/VP2E a few minutes later (no one else was calling him at the
time).

My Expert 1K-FA amp is a bona fide turkey.  The power on this LEMON dropped to
500w again as the buzzing got louder.  I finally decided to fire up one of my
trusty (MUCH less expensive) ALS-600S amps for the same RF output and it worked
flawlessly for the last 3 hours.

Antennas: A3 @ 30ft - 40m inv vee @ 40ft - 80m inv vee @ 45 ft.

73 & Tnx for all the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust