[3830] NA Sprint CW K4TD LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rnwalker@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K4TD LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 23:17:01 -0800 (PST)
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  59
   40:  28
   20:   0
---------------------
Total:  87     Mults = 34  Total Score = 2,958

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

I don't normally do Sprints as a general rule.  In this case, N4OX had been
riding my backside for a couple of days about needing the AL multiplier so I
decided to humor him and get on for a few minutes and hand out a few Q's.  I
have just added a couple of new K3's to the station, so I thought this would be
a good chance to use one and see how it would perform.  It's quite interesting
chasing N4OX around using a brand new rig in a contest that I don't normally
operate.  :-)

Chased OX-man around 40M for a little while and decided to just go to 80M and
wait on him.  When I shifted to 80M, I found N4OGW pretty quickly and got in
his log.  Eventually I ran N4OX to ground and got in his log.  Didn't hear any
other ACG'ers, but I did hear a couple of SECC'ers (K4BAI, N4PN).  The timing
was never right to work John.  I did call Paul once or twice, but I always
seemed to get beat out by another caller.  Great to work Steve, N9CK, who laid
a big QSO number on me so I knew he was doing well.  Enjoyed working VA7ST who
had a great signal into Alabama on 80M.

This contest was actually interesting.  Lots of great CW operators here.  I may
have to revise my future participation plans for it...  :-)

73,

Rick
K4TD