[3830] CQ160 SSB K0DXC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0dxc@k0dxc.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K0DXC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 13:26:37 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K0DXC
Operator(s): K0DXC
Station: K0DXC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Jackson, OH
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 70  State/Prov = 23  Countries = 0  Total Score = 3,634

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

RIG: IC-756PROIII
Antennas: DX-B Sloper, SBOG RX antenna
Software: Win-Test V 3.25.1

Time was very limited for this contest. I only had about 2 hours to operate, I
think I was on for about an hour and a half at the most. I lost motivation very
early in this contest. I first got on about 6:00 PM local time Friday evening to
discover the usual QRM/QSB packed 160 meter band. To be honest with you, I
completely forgot about the contest in the first place! I had the AC LOG packet
cluster up with my general logging program and when the speakers proclaimed,
"NEEDED SPOT!". I saw that it was a spot for some European station at 1805.0.
The comment read "SSB".

This puzzled me for a split second but then I realized, "CQ 160 SSB!". Duh! Of
course, I immediately closed out the cluster and then opened up Win-Test to set
up a new log, I didn't use packet at all during the contest as I am going to
stay off of it and try to fine tune/develop my S&P skills. Plus, I have more
fun in the SOAB LP category than I do in SOAB(A).

I did not work any DX this time around, but I didn't really expect to so I
wasn't disappointed about it. My 160 antenna is somewhat of a cloud warmer,
HI!

It was nice having some familiar people call in, congrats to some of the FB
scores as well!

See you in the next one!

73,
Cal, K0DXC