[3830] WPX SSB VE8EV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VE8EV M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:50:52 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE8EV
Operator(s): VE8EV VE8DW
Station: VE8EV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Inuvik, NT
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  260
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Just a casual op from the shack trailer in the driveway and the little tribander
at 35 feet.  VE8DW dropped by and worked a few so entered as M/S.

Conditions were generally good all weekend.  20m was open late and I had a nice
little run on Saturday night into Western Asia and the Middle East at their
sunrise.  Clicked on a 40m spot by accident and Europe was booming in but
didn't have any low-band antennas set up.  I would have bet money on a 15m
opening but not a peep all weekend.

It probably would have been a good weekend to set up at the contest site but
doing the 'Field Day' thing in the winter is starting to get old.  We'll be
raising the permanent antenna farm as soon as the snow is gone.

As usual, the long winded write up is at http://ve8ev.blogspot.com
Thanks to everyone that managed to pull me out of the QRM.

73, John - VE8EV

Look for us next weekend from NA-192 Ellice Island as VX8X.