[3830] WPX SSB P40A(KK9A) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@p40a.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB P40A(KK9A) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 19:14:15 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: P40A
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: P40A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   68
   40:  841
   20: 2335
   15:  706
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

This was my 6th WPX Phone contest from Aruba and I have never operated it the
same way twice.  This time propagation was much worse than during any of my
previous my WPX contests and even worse than during the ARRL DX Phone contest
three weeks earlier.  This was the first time that I was unable to break 4000
contacts.   I was only able to run Europe on 20m and 40m and even on these
bands it was slow and I had to often repeat my serial number.   80m was very
noisy and produced few contacts.   I was happy to meet my usual multiplier goal
of 1000, although it will likely drop a below that after log checking.  With the
slow rates, I adjusted my operating strategy to produce the maximum points per
contact and I finished with only 1,400,000 fewer points then my last yearâ??s
world record score.   I would like to thank everyone for the QSOs.  Please QSL
via WD9DZV.  Congratulations to KQ2M for breaking my 2000 20m U.S.A. record.  I
had a great vacation in Aruba with my wife and we spent our free time
snorkeling, dining out, going to beaches, etc.  This was my last visit as an
Aruba home owner. Three days after the contest the title was transferred to the
new owner, who gave me a little time to remove the antennas and disassemble the
station.  I plan on taking a little contesting break and returning in the fall
for the CQ WW contest.
73,
John KK9A / P40A
john@p40a.com