[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:38:00 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 1

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:   4      3
   40:  20     12
   20:  20     13
-------------------
Total:  44     28  Total Score = 1,232

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thank God, Howie/N4AF, you're OK!!!  Gheeeeeez.  Already said a prayer for you,
OM.

My dad was bitten by a rattlesnake years ago it turned out he was allergic to
the horse syrum in the anti-venom. He had a lot of residual problems after that
ordeal. I am terrified of snakes (have killed a rattler before), and here I
choose a remote site that is rattlesnake paradise. Go figure. The first two
rounds in my pistol are snakeshot whenever I go up there. Gotta keep an extra
lookout this coming Monday {SIGH}.

Mega-Apologies to everyone who had to endure the horrific QLF on my end
tonight.  This was absolutely the worst contest experience I have ever had in
my life. My frustration level was off the charts.

Some recent TR4W changes mysterioulsy wreaked havoc and kept locking up partway
through the exchange being sent.  With no paddles to use, there were also new
unexpected problems with the SEND CW dialog window in TR4W.  Sometimes it would
work and sometimes not, or only let me send a few characters.  I would keep
pressing the ESC key and then open the SEND CW dialog window again.  That's why
many of you heard incomplete exchanges which I tried to complete at the end.

If I had made a video of the ordeal here, it would probably win BEST HORROR
SHOW at the Cannes Film Festival.  I wanted to quit after the first 2 minutes,
but the Masochistic streak in me took over and I got beat up real bad by all
the dysfunctionalites. I felt like I had 20 thumbs all trying to work at the
same time, and unfortunately many of you were on the receiving end.

The bizarre thing is that I thoroughly tested things on my Dell before
uploading to the remote confuzer in advance, did a (obviously far too brief)
test on the remote, and then had a leisurely LDX phone chat with a former
out-of-State girlfriend for 20 minutes and felt relaxed and confident that
tonight would be my best NS yet.  Even had the digital recorder all set to
capture the excitement for posting.  That file will be nuked in short order.  I
thought the emergency abscessed tooth (painful) extraction was going to be the
only bummer for the week, until 0230 UTC tonight.

Now to email the .cfg and other files to Dmitriy to hopefully sort out where
the new problems are.

73 & Tnx to all those who had to endure the nightmare here.  I shall keep
plugging away at getting this stuff working right until it does (or does me
in).

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust