[3830] NCCC Sprint N9NB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, trappaport@austin.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N9NB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 20:41:06 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - May 22

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:
   40:  13     11
   20:  27     18
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  40     29  Total Score = 1,160

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I loved the no-dupe format! A good bit of added strategy.

After the nice Dayton get-together of sprinters (thanks W0YK!), these Thursday
night outings are now even more fun! Sure is nice to see the additional hams
getting on from all over the country!

With the venerable N3BB out of town, running mobile in WV, I was relegated to
operating the NS from my mobile -- Luckily my XYL reminded me of the nice
overlook at the nearby Barton Creek mall, with ground slope to the N and E.
With plenty of parking lamps to let me manually adjust the mobile whips, I was
able to get ready just before the contest, with a reasonably good signal.

A highlight for me was winning the adult beverage award sponsored by N3BB,
while picking up the rare WV multiplier on both 20 and 40. My 75m whip doesnt
load up on 80m CW, and I had the idea of parking very close to a lamppost to
try and linear load the lamppost on 80m, but working N3BB on 40m was a better
option in the last couple of minutes. Just before the end, I heard N05W and
thought I would work Chuck for the rare LA multiplier on 40, but W0DB popped in
for NE.

Great fun as always, thanks to all for participating and to NCCC and 3830!

73 and see you from VA this summer.
Ted