[3830] NCCC Sprint NO5W LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint NO5W LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 20:45:56 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - May 22

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:
   40:   9      9
   20:  13     11
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  22     20  Total Score = 440

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Well that was better than my last effort from the mobile. I'm visiting over in
Louisiana and managed to sneak out of the family gathering and sit in my mom's
driveway for my weekly dose of the most fun you can have in half an hour on the
radio. But I sure need to get some better lighting in the mobile. At one point,
in mid-QSO of course, the vehicle light I was using to light the keyboard
decided to time out. Sprints are challenging enough without having to search
around for the keys on a dark laptop keyboard!

20M was excellent with good propagation to the northwest and northeast. It was
fun to work some of the Austin group on 20M something I'm not able to do from
Houston.

In the pre-contest chatter I heard or worked several mobiles but during the
event the only other mobile worked was N3BB/M. I thought that was quite an
accomplishment in the heavy QRM of the NS. Good participation tonight with
several new calls -- could that be due to the U-tube video:).

Glad to hand out semi-NS-rare LA tonight from East of the Mississippi. Thanks
for the Qs,

73/Chuck