[3830] WPX CW W7VJ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7vj@millerisar.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W7VJ M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 20:36:01 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W7VJ
Operator(s): W7RG, WL7E, K0PJ, K7OG, W7VJ
Station: W7VJ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    1
   80:   69
   40:  506
   20: 1735
   15:   79
   10:    0
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

We finally have a sense of what it must be like to run EU from the east coast.
This was nothing short of an exhilarating experience for us to be able to run
weaker EUs with a dead quiet noise floor.  F5MUX spotted us saying he was
running 50mw!  This was an exceptional experience, and we are duly grateful to
all of you whom we worked.  Thank you.

Summer (late spring) contests are tough, particularly for us in the otherwise
rain-soaked NW.  The weather was perfect this weekend, and outdoor activities
seemed more appealing than contesting at times, but what a great group of guys
we had who were committed to seeing the contest through.  Particular notables
are K0PJ, Greg, who rescheduled family time to run 40 at night, and new member,
K7OG, Don, who began knocking off Qs and hanging in there for the Saturday night
shift with W7RG.  Both W7RG, John, and Joe, WL7E, deserve tremendous credit as
well for their dedication to the effort.

No major problems, though we did blow out a fuse on one of the amps due to
heat... fans next year!  Our mult amp seemed to have developed a bit of hum, so
our apologies to those who we worked with a less than optimal signal.  More
station improvements for the mult station planned for the fall.

Our run rate seemed constant in the middle and latter part of the contest, with
only one hour of lack luster QSOs. Still, the EUs made it interesting throughout
the contest. The JAs were quite good on 40, making us wish that we had 15 open
to Japan.  What a combination that would have been in this contest.

Again, thanks to all for the QSOs.  There are a lot of exceptional CW operators
out there.  Makes CW contest that much more enjoyable.

Very 73,

Andrew, W7VJ and team