[3830] WPX CW TI5N M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW TI5N M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 17:59:20 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: TI5N
Operator(s): K9VV, W4DL, N6NC, K6AM
Station: TI5N

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Costa Rica
Operating Time (hrs): 43.3

------------
  160:    0
   80:  233
   40: 1337
   20: 1157
   15:  738
   10:   30
------------

Club:

Comments:

First the obligitory excuses:

1.  The 80 M Rotary dipole was destroyed by lighting days before we arrived.
2.  One of the radios we brought died a few hours into the contest.
3.  Its backup had a real bad noise problem.
4.  The DSL line kept dropping out and eventually failed altogether.
5.  We had a big storm come by both days taking us off for a couple hours.
6.  Lightning hit right next door and took out power for a couple hours.
7.  One of the amps failed halfway in.
8.  Its backup would only make about 800 watts before tripping off.
9.  Another amp's relay went flakey and we couldn't hear well on receive.
10. Even with stubs there was quite a bit of interstation QRM
11. The serial number sequence reset and we gave out the same number twice to
almost 400's on 20 M.

But through it all we managed to "adapt and overcome."  The antennas that
worked, worked well.

15 meters finelly opened about 3 in the afternoon both days for some nice runs
into EU where it was already early evening.  LX9W and UU7J were among the first
and last to be heard.

A very brief 10 M opening both days with a few EU big guns getting through.

40 was great.  It opened early and stayed late.  The EU's and JA's were very
loud.  We were able to keep a clear frequency most of the time.

This was the first trip down to Costa Rica for all of us but veteran Fred,
K9VV.
We were only there for five days but everyone had a great time.

A big thanks to Keko and Sophia for the terrific hospitality.  They made us all
feel at home.

As always QSL to W3HNK. Do not send to the TI buro

73,

John, K6AM
Mike, W4DL
Larry, N6NC