[3830] WPX CW NJ4U(K4EA) SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ea@k4ea.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NJ4U(K4EA) SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 08:52:33 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NJ4U
Operator(s): K4EA
Station: K4EA

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 28

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  834
   10:
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Another year of amazing propagation on 15M!  My first clue was when SB3W called
me at 0111Z with a S9 plus signal.  At 0203 JA2XYO called for my first Asia and
my fifth continent.  Also worked on the first night were VR2JK and B4B.  Who
needs sunspots!

The morning started out strong with many European station S9 or better. I even
heard VU2PTT, but was unable to break through the pileup before his signal
faded away.  Unfortunately, S7 line noise towards Europe starting around 1400
put the kibosh on CQing in that direction until late afternoon.  I'm sure that
hurt my QSO count as the band was open that way well after sunset.  That band
was open over the pole again that evening working 9M8XRO.  Also heard were
E21YDP, B2D, and 3W3W, but none were able to copy me.

Sunday was much slower.  Conditions had degraded, line noise was bad, and lots
of dupes.

Thanks to all for the QSO's and apologies to those who I could not copy through
the noise.

Neal Sulmeyer, K4EA