[3830] ARRL June VHF N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:58:57 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  265    86  Total Score = 22,790

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I hadn't planned to operate long, but 6 was open to somewhere from the start
until around 01Z. The test started with very spotty FL,LA,TX stations then they
more or less faded with some DX keeping up the interest. In order, I worked
HI3TEJ, P43A, PJ2BVU, C6AMS. PJ4, HP1AVS, and YV6 were heard. Then around 21Z
things picked up to where at some time during the next 5 hours about 75% of the
EM grids had some Es prop to them. FL was better as well. The opening eventually
extended farther north to the most southerly EN grids with just a few IL/WI
stations. By 0110Z I had hit an even 200 Q's and 80 grids. There was no double
hop except to the south DX. The rest of the test I only added 65 Q's and 6
girds. Sunday featured an opening to VP9 and FL was pretty loud except extreme
NFL from 15-17Z. My signal is not that loud, so was pleased with what was
probably an all time high score for me. Running was a real struggle at times;
when the skip was short to the EM's in AL, TN, KY, I was able to run at about
80/hr.