[3830] ARRL FD KR1ST 1E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kr1st@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD KR1ST 1E LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 08:54:38 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   0     150      0  Total Score = 550

Club: Southern Comfort

Comments:

PWR SRC:  2 hybrid deep cycle marine batteries
          with 600W pure sine wave inverter.
Antennas: MQ-26 hybrid beam at 30ft for 20-6m
          40m vertical doublet
          80m inverted V at 55ft
Rig:      IC-756ProIII

My wife (KG4 Kentucky Fried Vegetarian) and I had a lot of fun operating as a
1E class station from the comfort of our home and air conditioner. Field day is
a great opportunity to test how well you are prepared when an emergency arises.
Our station ran of two hybrid deep cycle marine batteries with a 600 Watt pure
sine wave inverter and it lasted us throughout the event.

The theme chosen for this year is excellent! It is so much better to sell our
hobby as being fun rather than something useful only when all else fails,
almost a an afterthought. I hope the ARRL will continue to promote the fun
aspect of the hobby through these events, but also highlight the fun aspect
more through articles. Enough has been written about the emergency support
aspect of our hobby. Frankly, this is incredibly boring to those we try to
bring into our fold, and even to those who have been a ham for many years. When
I first saw the the theme of this year's Field Day I was very excited and
thought that the ARRL got it right this time.

Thanks to the many stations who made this a fun event. Ya'll come back next
year, you hear!

73,
--Jennifer, KG4KFV and Alex, KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com