[3830] NAQP CW K4RO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro.tcg@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4RO Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 07:47:53 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   89    28
   80:  237    41
   40:  262    49
   20:  297    46
   15:   71    25
   10:   28    12
-------------------
Total:  984   201  Total Score = 197,784

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG-Volunteers

Comments:

Many in TCG used the name "DON" in memory of N4TN Don Jones, who's key
went silent April 3, 2009. Watch those databases guys - they can be
dangerous. Thanks to K0EJ for fielding the TCG teams. We hope DON TN
wound up in many logs.

Tried a completely different strategy this year, and focused purely on rate.
Moved maybe a half dozen mults, at most. Many thanks to those who moved, and
sorry to W9WI; I QSY'ed VY2SS right on top of Doug during a blind move.

I just missed 1000 QSOs, but had fewer mults than last year, and a lower
overall score. The high bands were just not producing like they were last
year. Fifteen and ten only opened to the NE. It sounded like west coast
was not having their usual heyday on the high bands, typical for August.
Several good openings on 10 meters to NE, but no one was home. It's the
chicken or egg thing -- someone has to call CQ to open up the band.

I had problems with the computer clock again, just like last year.
The log says I operated 10 hours, but it was more like 9:45 or so.
My clock somehow gained 12 minutes by the time I took my first off
time. The same thing happened last year, and it is quite maddening.
Last year I lost 22 minutes of operating time as a result. I still
don't know what is causing it. It only happens in NAQP. The only
solution was to take 40 minute (real time) break, which only looks
like 30 minutes in the log. After taking a break and re-booting, the
clock stayed fine for the rest of the contest. I would really appreciate
hearing from anyone else who might have experienced this clock problem
(I am using N1MM Logger.)

NAQP remains one of my favorites. Nice to work my old pal W3DQB again.
Six banders included WF7T and W9WI. TCG was out in force, as usual.
Thanks to everyone for the QSOs, and the repeats through the static.

Log submitted.  Confirmation No.: e1881266d2ea1b43

Attend the Tennessee QSO Party on Sunday, 6 September 2009.  Visit
www.tnqp.org

73  Kirk  K4RO