[3830] CaQP K6WC M/SCntyExp HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dkerns@cruzio.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6WC M/SCntyExp HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 21:07:21 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6WC
Operator(s): AE6RF, K6RRY, KI6NUL, KI6NTL, KJ6BNO, KE6AFE, WA6NDN
Station: K6WC

Class: M/SCntyExp HP
QTH: SBEN
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    5      1
   80:   13      9
   40:   85     79
   20:   96    118
   15:   39     25
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Other (specify when prompted)

Comments:

County DXpedition to Fremont Peak on the SBEN/MONT county line.

Heavy winds (constant 15-20 with gusts to 30-40 knots) were present from
shortly after the start to about 10:00am on Sunday. We didn't have fog on the
site, but it was all around us and occasionally over us. The ops tent flapping
caused significant QRN at times.

The YL that most of you talked to on SSB was Greta, KI6NTL, a budding
contester.
The hack on CW was me (AE6RF).

Our 20m and 40m antennas played well. The 80m didn't and we were pleasantly
surprised to make QSOs on 160m.

In my sleeping bag, under a tarp, in the tent, wearing full clothing plus a
sweater and a stocking cap was the warmest I was all day on Saturday. Brrrr.

A conversation with K6MM and on-the-air observations lead us to carry the
operating table from SBEN to MONT about 13:30 PDT on Sunday to try to get more
MONT QSOs handed out.