[3830] CaQP NX6T(@W6HCD) M/SCntyExp HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ki73@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP NX6T(@W6HCD) M/SCntyExp HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:26:15 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6KI, N6OX, KZ6X. NN6K, N6ERD, WB6NBU, K6GO
Station: W6HCD

Class: M/SCntyExp HP
QTH: SDIE
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:   19      28
   80:  103     125
   40:   82     377
   20:  277     388
   15:  127     104
   10:    3       8
    6:    0       0
    2:    0       0
--------------------

Club: SAN DIEGO CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

70 ft Motorized Tower Trailer ( N6OX ), 3 El SteppIR at 70 ft, 2 El Cushcraft
40-2CD 40 mtr  Yagi at 78 ft
80 mtr Coaxial Stub Inverted V at 70 ft , 160 mtr full size Inverted V at 70
ft
940 ft 360 degree view peak in Bonsall, CA
Elecraft K3, Ameriton AL-80 amp

First I want to thank N6OX, KI6HPO and Mike ( son of KG6VVN ) for helping get
set up and tear down.
we really need more help in future but understand some of you work on Thursday
and Fridays afternoons
and were also not available Sunday for tear down

Was hoping for 2000 Qs with a Min of 1500 so we made our minimum + 119

we kicked butt on 40 SSB but did not spend enough time on 40 CW
( I was busy mentoring and torturing NN6K was was running pileups on 20 and 40
SSB )

We have 2 New Ops that joined the team, KZ6X who is a great SSB Contest Op but
has not done many contests for a few years due to family and job  but we hope
to see more of Paul !

Les, NN6K,  an ace RTTY contestor and Top Honor Roll  DXer, ( who also works CW
 at contest speeds)
got into the hot seat Saturday afternoon and got up to speed rather quickly
while N6KI cracked the whip over him !

N6ERD was the Night Shift Op who held the fort from 1:30 AM to 8 AM Sunday
morning, we were lucky he was in town
as AD6ZJ had to bail as he spent 30 hours traveling back to U.S. from Japan and
just crashed at home !
( Come back for CQWW SSB end of month Loren ! )

Bob WB6NBU filled the 8 to 10 AM Sunday morning slot and concentrated with much
needed  CW Qs
but unfortunately 40 wasn't yielding much and mainly hit 80 and 20 til 15
opened

Professor Gayle relieved Bob from 10 to Noon and mainly hit 20 SSB as 15 wasn't
getting rolling til about the time she was leaving.

Ron K2RP had to tend to wife after some surgery she had Friday so could not
make this one but did get some time in from home
after a few hours in Computer Hell with Logging Programs and computer problems
! ( Thanks foR Qs Ron ! )

I came in just before Noon and tried to concentrate on more CW Qs from Noon to
3 PM but 40 was yielding nothing
and I milked out what I could on 20 and 15 but the rate was low so I relented
and went back to 20 and 15 SSB to get
the rate up.  What was interesting is 20 was yielding a bunch of European QSOs
from Noon to 2 PM and qth some great signals and hope we will hear them that
well in future contests

Who is interested in doing CQWW SSB Oct 25/26 - Please let me knoe your
availability from 5 PM Friday to 5 PM Sunday
that weekend.

73, Dennis N6KI