[3830] CaQP K6NA(N6ED) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ed@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6NA(N6ED) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 17:12:38 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6NA
Operator(s): N6ED
Station: K6NA

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SDIE
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    42     12
   80:   158    178
   40:   246    234
   20:   444    819
   15:   160    177
   10:     3      8
    6:     0      0
    2:     0      2
--------------------
Total:  1053   1430  Mults = 58  Total Score = 349,102

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another fun year in the books!
My biggest worry going into this contest was that I had not participated in a
contest for almost 11 months so the rust was going to be an issue.  I know most
of the top competitors in this contest probably average around 6-8 major
contests a year so that had me worried but I just had bigger priorities this
year so my lack of practice was what it was, no excuses.
I got off to a bit of a sluggish start but found my rythm by about hour #3 and
then I was off to the races.
The real bright point was getting the sweep early this year (I remember that
last year nobody got it until Sunday morning) and I narrowly missed W6TK's
record by 6 minutes!!!!  4 hours 30 mins for me (20:30z)......I heard a rumor
that somebody might have the record beat this year so apparently there was good
coverage of activity by all 58 mults this year right from the start.  No smoke
signals to VY1 needed ;-)
Another wierd annomaly was that I had many EUs calling in on Saturday during
the early 15m opening and some of them were louder than the average east
coaster.  BRING ON THOSE SUNSPOTS!!  Generally, there was good participation
from EU this year.  Only 1 African logged and a small handful of Oceania and
SA.
160 also proved exciting working many on the East coast and KH6 all at the same
time, wish there were more guys on this band to make us another quick feeding
frenzy when we band change.
Lots of good competition from the usual suspects this year, kept me going and
going as we all flip flopped our QSO numbers for 2nd place.  W6YI (N6MJ) still
made us all look bad.  I have to wonder who called SD-Electric to have their
power shut off on Sunday, will be a conspiracy theory for some time to come.
Jim, Dan, has anybody called the Associated Press to claim responsibility
yet?????  Maybe it was the pig farmers!!!!  ;-)

Enjoyable as always which is what keeps me coming back to the K6NA ranch year
after year for good stories, good rates, and good hospitality.
See you all again next year and pray for 10m!!

73, Craig N6ED