[3830] IlQP VE1RGB Non-IL LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP VE1RGB Non-IL LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 06:15:19 -0700
                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: VE1RGB
Operator(s): VE1RGB
Station: VE1RGB

Class: Non-IL LP
QTH: Halifax, NS
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:     35
   40:     40
   20:     61
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
------------------------
Total:    136       0  Mults = 60  Total Score = 16,320

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Considerably better score than last year and I would like to attribute that to
operator skill and station improvements, but I think the truth is KF9D/P and
N9FN/M, not to mention N9BIL/M who all(and there were others) provided me with
mults that I otherwise would never have seen.

40M was brutal.  Some guys were operating right in the middle of what, up here,
were huge RTTY signals.  That made copy particularly difficult and pushed me
frequently to run the K3 with the filters set to 50 Hz.  .

As usual, the mobiles made this contest and they have nothing but my highest
respect.  It cannot be easy.

Equipment:  K3 #095, 160M delta loop, 80M dipole, BigIR, N8LP panadaper, N1MM.