[3830] CQWW SSB K7RL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mitch@k7rl.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K7RL SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:09:42 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CI, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 41.50

  160:   28    13       10
   80:  112    41       20
   40:  327    71       29
   20: 1303   119       35
   15:  524    67       27
   10:   14     7        4
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Another CQ WW SSB in the books.  In general, the low bands were tougher this
year, but 10m and 15m were better.  My raw score represents a 179,324 point
increase over 2008 mainly due to improved conditions on 10m and 15m.

160m was a surprise Friday night when I heard and worked SJ2W, SO8A, and HA8JV.
 The band has been good this season to EU, but itâ??s always a gamble whether it
will produce on a contest weekend.  Congratulations to those stations for
pulling me out!

80m was frustrating.  Not only is my mult total lower, but every Q was like
pulling teeth.  Even the JA runs were lackluster.

What a pleasure to work the world simplex on 40m, especially JA.  It was
strange to hear below 7.100 so quiet.  Unfortunately, it seems that part of the
band has now become a refuge for stations that are content working simplex
outside the U.S. - I hope that changes.

On the higher bands, it almost felt like the good old days on 10m and 15m.  10m
opened to South America, but the big surprise was working NP4A, PJ2T, ZF2AH, and
VP5DX.  I hope this is a glimpse of things to come!  A special thanks to PJ2T
for the only six band sweep!

Saturday afternoon on 15m to JA was just plain fun.  After battling crowded
bands for almost 24 hours, it was a pleasure to run almost QRM free.

Thank you to all that made into my log!

73 de Mitch, K7RL