[3830] CQWW SSB KL7RA M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KL7RA M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:02:36 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL2F AL7IF KA1NN KL7RA N1TX N5XZ NL7Y
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   92     7        6
   80:  341    17       19
   40: 1592    31       71
   20: 3273    35      131
   15: 1525    32       86
   10:   19     7        7
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

No Europe on topband after working them all week. Why is that? 80 was also poor.
Ten just hasn't started for us yet but we CQ all day for the South America Q's
that bubble up now and then. 15 is finally producing far East and Europe at
night now so that is a good sign. 20 meters still making twice the Q's as 40
and 15 so it continues to be the money band and this must be true for everyone
as it is wall to wall, "loud".

Some damage to cables by moose requiring quick repair and I assume this is not
a problem for most of you. We ate one in the stew for payback. Lost most of the
summer building season to family visits but  will continue next year to install
the rest of the 10's/15's antennas and not give up hope.

Welcome to new North Pole Contest Group member Allen, N5XZ from Texas. He did
a good job for us even though he comes from one of those little states in the
lower 48. Wigi, AL7IF did the Sunday Kenai Salmon on the grill which is better
then post contest fishsticks we did in Fairbanks for years. Gary, NL7Y and
Larry, N1TX from Fairbanks were happy to see the upgrade in both fish and
propagation. Others that made the return trip to Kenai were Kris, AL2F and Dave
KA1NAN. You remember Dave's running skills when you hear him operate. Off radio
he is polite, reserved and quite. In front of the radio he morphs to a 200mg
Caffeine Rockstar and the rest of us get out of his way.

73 Rich KL7RA