[3830] CQWW SSB VE6SV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gkosmenko@arrowspeed.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE6SV M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:15:37 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE6SV
Operator(s): VE6GP  VE6RST  VE6TL  UN7LG  VE6SV
Station: VE6SV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Sherwood Park, AB
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:  100     8       10
   80:  147    19       39
   40:  937    29       72
   20: 1470    33      129
   15:  656    25       64
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

>From team author Jerry, VE6TL

Before the contest began we (the VE6SV team) all had high expectations of good
scores as the bands had been pretty decent of late.  But before we got started,
the normally upbeat Gord, VE6SV, passed on the news that the forecast was for
clouds, rain, and a bit of aurora.  Sure enough, the space weather forecast
proved to be correct and it made our lives miserable at times.  Had I not
experienced it first hand, I wouldn't have believed it but hearing DX stations
come in at 10 and 20 dB over S9, like they are in the room, and them not being
able to hear you at all is just an amazing experience.  After all, we were
running full legal power with stacks.  A few times I thought the DX station
might answer just because he was able to hear Gord screaming at him, without
the radio!  The giant RF sponge in the sky happened to affect us on most bands
but we managed to persevere and caught the odd opening here and there. And
there were also times when things were  just great.  I, personally, had lots of
fun whether I was trying to get the rate meter well over 300 or break through a
pileup on the mult station.  I also want to commend Gord for assembling such a
good team - Max, Gerry, Paul and myself. We seemed to work well together,
taking turns operating, helping each other figure out why something wasn't
working, suggesting ways to improve the score, and having interesting
discussions while others were operating.  It felt like we were all equal
partners and everyone was willing to pitch in and do his best.

Thanks Jerry

73, Sierra Victor Team
www.ve6sv.com